Chef Founder of AMUZ Gourmet Restaurant in Jakarta & Maitres Cuisiniers de France, Gilles Marx was raised in the countryside of Alsace France and has always been attracted to the culinary world. He grew up with fresh and natural farm products and this inspired him to explore the world of gastronomy. He worked in several restaurants as a teenage and then realised he wanted to be a professional chef driven by the quality of the food and service provided to his customers. He has worked in Michelin-starred restaurants in Alsace, Lyon, Burgundy and Paris, as well as restaurants in Australia and South East Asia. He showcases his 30-year cooking passion for French cuisine and lifestyle in Jakarta’s AMUZ Gourmet Restaurant using ingredients sourced from global and Indonesian markets.
As a successful entrepreneur Chef Marx operates the company’s flagship AMUZ, but also; APREZ Catering for small to medium-sized functions, Artoz Bar and Lounge (with Jakarta’s largest collection of whisky, cognac and cigars) and Aprez Cafés situated in luxury residential complexes.
- Coach of the only Indonesian Bocuse d'Or Team qualified for the Bocuse d'Or Final in France.
- Distinguished with the title of Sir, Chevalier (Knight) de L’Odre du Merite Agricole by the French Ministry of Food & Agriculture, in January 2013, for services rendered to the Nation of France in promoting the Excellence of French Gastronomy & Produces & the World Intangible Cultural Heritage of French Multi Course Gastronomic Meal.
- Distinguished with the title of Maitre Cuisinier de France (Master Chef of France) by the organization in January 2018, for his work in maintaining & promoting the French Culinary Art, encouraging the learning of cooking & professional development.
- 2018 World Luxury Restaurant Awards, Global Winer for; Best Head Chef.
- 2019 Restaurant of the Year by Jakarta’s Best Eats & Aqua Reflection.
- 2019 Top 40 in the Fine Dining Category by Jakarta’s Best Eats & Aqua Reflection.