- Prep time 45 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Yield 4 Servings
- Poached Pears
- 800 g Chinese Pear
- 200 ml Dry Red Wine
- 80 g Granulated Sugar
- 4 g Clove
- 8 g Bay Leaf
- 40 g Fresg Gingergram
- Sichuan Pepper Chocolate Mousse
- 320 g Bitter Sweet Chocolate
- 400 ml Whipping Cream
- 4 g Egg Yolk
- 20 ml Water
- 80 g Honey
- 8 g Sichuan Pepper Powder
- To make the chocolate mousse, melt the chocolate in a medium-size sauce-pan over simmering water.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. In a medium size bowl, whip the cream until you obtain a nice and soft peak.
- Working quickly, fold in the cooled chocolate.
- In a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks with the water, the honey and the Sichuan peppercorn, until it doubles in volume.
- The sabbayon should be smooth with no grainy part in it.
- In another small bowl, whip the remaining of the cream and add it to the egg mixture.
- Fill 4 separate glasses with the chocolate mousse and top each one with the egg and cream mixture. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To make the poached pears, place all the ingredients into the auto power multifonctional cooker and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Once the quartered pear are cold, place them into nice bowls and serve with the Sichuan chocolate mousse.